Think "real world marketing" not "text book marketing". You'll hear all sorts of terms being bandied around in response to that 'what is marketing?' question. Terms like: Marketing strategy or marketing mix or marketing campaign.
But essentially it's all about differentiating yourself, understanding your potential clients and using engaging communication to put yourself across in a persuasive way using various marketing channels. This is often about me enhancing the things you're already doing or introducing new things like social media activities or writing regular blog posts into an overall marketing plan that you'll actually have time to do.
In terms of marketing strategy, this is what I can specifically do for you:
- I can help you identify the marketing messages that your target audience wants to hear, NOT the ones that you may have thought you needed to say...
- I can devise quirky marketing ideas that will engage with an increasingly cynical world.
- Together we will put together a marketing plan which suits you and your business.
- To help drive traffic to your website and improve your search engine optimisation, I can identify and devise "useful stuff" for your target audience to access (By the way this is called Content Marketing!)
- I can help you rule in...or rule out...social media networks in terms of your marketing strategy - and show you how to integrate social media activities with the rest of your marketing activities.
If that sounds like to sort of help you need please get in touch.
Just when you feel you've got your head round the wacky world of marketing someone seems to cook up something new.
In fact Content Marketing has been in existence for decades but it has come to prominence because of social media. If you are posting on social media you shouldn't be selling but you can be helping.
So Content Marketing is the name for the helpful resources on your website to which you can point from your social media. These are nearly always educational and sometimes entertaining and take many forms from a pdf to a podcast, from a white paper to a webcast, from a video to a very handy "How to" piece of advice - often within a Blog (like mine)
Of course, all of this fresh content is also looked upon most favourably by Google in terms of demonstrating your authority; enabling those links from other websites and those links & likes from social media; as well as showing that you're on the case in terms of current thinking. These things combined helps your website to be found more easily in terms of search engine optimisation (SEO).
How can I help? From coming up with a cunning plan in terms of your approach to Content Marketing to actually helping you create the resource(s). One popular service is the regular generation of marketing ideas for blog posts and either writing or editing these where required.
Please get in touch if you are in or around Hampshire and think some help in the area of Content Marketing would be useful to you.
How do you compete with everyone else's words? Well essentially you have to ensure that your corporate communication makes real impact by using words that are insightful, relevant, understandable and energised.
No pressure there then. To be honest that's why many companies use a copywriter...
I know many of you find it very difficult to talk about your business in that way. However, as an experienced copywriter I have a reputation for putting across the most complicated proposition in an engaging, enthusiastic and memorable way. Because of this, you'll see what one client describes as "Jane's happy writing" all over Hampshire. It appears on:
- product sheets, flyers and brochures
- blog posts
- sales letters and newsletters
- email campaigns
- advertisements and articles
- labels and feedback forms
- content marketing resources
- video scripts
- Meta titles and meta descriptions (the results you see when you search for something on the internet)
You can use my copywriting services to do the editing, improving and refreshing of something you've written or ask me to write something from scratch...and either of those things can be popped straight into a nice new mobile responsive website built by me for you
When I meet new clients their web design story is often an unhappy one:
- It was a very expensive purchase
- The finished result is inflexible
- They are complicated to update
- The clients have ended up with predictable words and images - despite several lively conversations to the contrary
Worst of all they were not responsive to smartphones and mobile devices (now an essential with so many of us surfing the web via these and Google downgrading the SEO of non responsive websites)
Enough! It's time the clients and I take back control and that's exactly what I have done by making use of an accessibly priced website system that produces slick looking responsive websites which are totally shaped by you and I working together. Or leave it entirely to me if you need a level of expertise to deliver the functionality and flexibility you need.
The main things you will gain from me creating this website for you is speed (!) energised copywriting which engages with your target market and a quirky approach to differentiating your brand where appropriate. This is backed by a tried, tested and simple to use system which
- allows for unlimited pages with unlimited images
- has the ability to allow updates by you
- is hosted in the cloud
- can include a blog if required
- provides for advanced SEO
- can include an online catalogue
- provides for reserve online, click to collect and home delivery services
Can they include a link to your social media sites? Yes. Can you embed video? Yes. Can you prominently display current offers or forthcoming events? Yes.
My own website is built using this system and amongst the increasing number I have built I suggest you check these out:
"Brilliant! Take a bow Jane, well done! I will raise a glass to you tonight"
Want to know more about the web design I can offer? You can find out more about my approach from the case studies below. If I sound like the sort of person you need for your website why not get in touch?
Run out of marketing ideas? Business Postcards can be an extremely inexpensive and eye catching way of promoting your company. What's more, done well, postcard marketing is likely to have more impact than standard flyers and, of course, has more space to put your message across than standard business cards.
However, to catch the eye of your potential client or customer they must be quirky, memorable and well targeted marketing communications - in other words NOT "marketing wallpaper" . So that would be MY marketing postcards then!
What can you do with them? With low printing prices for great quantities you can afford to be really prolific about getting your message across by using them as part of a marketing strategy:
- Via the post
- Through door drops
- Through inserts
- As marketing material for affiliated companies to give out
- In business centres, networking events or hotels in - fact anywhere your potential clients may gather
- On notice boards or in shop windows
- Even on windscreens!
Do you need training in marketing or social media? I offer one to one training in both subjects and have several half and full day marketing and social media workshops ready to rock.
I can also develop bespoke training for your own target market. For example I've worked in the charity sector for Community Action groups; for the Creative Sector through CIBAS and The Sorting Office, for Counsellors and Psychotherapists through the HACP, for private schools in terms of marketing and search engine optimisation and for local councils in terms of town branding and using social media.
I often work for training organisations, was a 5 star trainer for Southern Entrepreneurs and am currently training regularly for Enterprise First. I am also training and mentoring for Inspiring Enterprise at Winchester and Surrey Universities
All my workshops have the following in common:
- They are delivered in a stimulating, engaging and interactive way by a PTLLS qualified and highly experienced trainer (um..that would be me).
- They offer step-by-step processes and bite-sized chunks of info - essential to understand the practical applications of fluffy subjects like marketing and social media.
- They incorporate practical exercises
- They include handouts to take away and benchmark your activities post workshop
- Attendees love them! "Probably one of the best trainers I've experienced"
Here is my current portfolio of tried and tested workshops:
- Blogging Euphoria
- Branding for Creatives
- Clever Copywriting
- Content Marketing Made Easy
- Event Planning and Promotion
- Everything you wanted to know about marketing – but were too afraid to ask!
- Explaining Pinterest
- How to make social media work for your business
- Low Cost No Cost Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation for Private Schools
- Snapshot Branding
- Social Media for Councils
- Social Media for Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Social Media for Food Businesses
- Understanding Social Media
- Twitter Basics
- Twitter Advanced
- Website Development and SEO
"I have recommended you to a couple of people as I thought the workshop was brilliant"
" I was one of your students this morning in Wickham. Thank you so much for the excellent seminar. You had put a huge amount of work and it was very worthwhile"
Attendees of the "How to make social media work for your business" Workshop - September 2017
"Jane delivers her courses with great enthusiasm and humour. Learned so much today"
"The course was very good - good use of examples to highlight certain aspects"
Attendees of the "How to make social media work for your business" Workshop - April 2018
Talks and Presentations
Since 2003, I've been delivering high energy presentations to business organisations in Hampshire like FSB, Wired Wessex, Southern Entrepreneurs and Hart for Business. I even occasionally lecture to our future entrepreneurs at the University of Winchester.
I have worked with Women's Business groups like Athena and Women in Business; for charity groups like Gosport Voluntary Action and Enham, for medical associations like the Hampshire Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists and for the Creative Sector through CIBAS. Some have even asked me back!
Please get in touch if you would like a short presentation on any marketing or social media topics for your network meeting or organisation.