Think "real world marketing" not "text book marketing". You'll hear all sorts of terms being bandied around in response to that 'what is marketing?' question. Terms like: Marketing strategy or marketing mix or marketing campaign.
But essentially it's all about differentiating yourself, understanding your potential clients and using engaging communication to put yourself across in a persuasive way using various marketing channels. This is often about me enhancing the things you're already doing or introducing new things like social media activities or writing regular blog posts into an overall marketing plan that you'll actually have time to do.
In terms of marketing strategy, this is what I can specifically do for you:
- I can help you identify the marketing messages that your target audience wants to hear, NOT the ones that you may have thought you needed to say...
- I can devise quirky marketing ideas that will engage with an increasingly cynical world.
- Together we will put together a marketing plan which suits you and your business.
- To help drive traffic to your website and improve your search engine optimisation, I can identify and devise "useful stuff" for your target audience to access (By the way this is called Content Marketing!)
- I can help you rule in...or rule out...social media networks in terms of your marketing strategy - and show you how to integrate social media activities with the rest of your marketing activities.
If that sounds like to sort of help you need please get in touch.
If you're posting on social media you shouldn't be selling but you can be helping.
So Content Marketing is the name for the helpful resources on your website to which you can point from your social media. These are nearly always educational and sometimes entertaining (hence the word edutainment) and take many forms from a pdf to a podcast, from a white paper to a webcast, from a video to a very handy "How to" piece of advice - often within a Blog (like mine)
Of course, all of this fresh content is also looked upon most favourably by Google in terms of demonstrating your authority; enabling those links from other websites and those links & likes from social media; as well as showing that you're on the case in terms of current thinking. These things combined helps your website to be found more easily in terms of search engine optimisation (SEO).
How can I help? From coming up with a cunning plan in terms of your approach to Content Marketing to actually helping you create the resource(s). One popular service is the regular generation of marketing ideas for blog posts and either writing or editing these where required.
Please get in touch if you are in or around Hampshire and think some help in the area of Content Marketing would be useful to you.
How do you compete with everyone else's words when you are writing marketing materials - or copywriting?
Well essentially you have to ensure that your corporate communications make real impact by using words that are insightful, relevant, understandable and energised. And by ensuring that your brand tone is distinctive and memorable.
No pressure there then. To be honest that's why many companies use a copywriter...
An experienced copywriter can put across the most complicated proposition in an engaging, enthusiastic and memorable way. That's what I'm great at which is why you'll see what one client described as "Jane's happy writing" all over Hampshire. It appears on:
- product sheets, flyers and brochures
- blog posts
- sales letters and newsletters
- email campaigns
- advertisements and articles
- labels and feedback forms
- content marketing resources
- video scripts
- Meta titles and meta descriptions (the results you see when you search for something on the internet)
You can use my copywriting services to do the editing, improving and refreshing of something you've written or ask me to write something from scratch...and either of those things can be popped straight into a nice new mobile responsive website built by me for you
When I meet new clients their web design story is often an unhappy one:
- It was a very expensive purchase
- The finished result is inflexible
- They are complicated to update
- The clients have ended up with predictable words and images - despite several lively conversations to the contrary
Enough! It's time the clients and I take back control and that's exactly what I have done by making use of an accessibly priced website system that produces slick looking responsive websites which are totally shaped by you and I working together. Or leave it entirely to me if you need a level of expertise to deliver the functionality and flexibility you need.
The main things you will gain from me creating this website for you is speed (!) energised copywriting which engages with your target market and a quirky approach to differentiating your brand where appropriate. This is backed by a tried, tested and simple to use system which
- allows for unlimited pages with unlimited images
- has the ability to allow updates by you
- is hosted in the cloud
- can include a blog if required
- provides for advanced SEO
- can include an online catalogue
- provides for reserve online, click to collect and home delivery services
Can they include a link to your social media sites? Yes. Can you embed video? Yes. Can you prominently display current offers or forthcoming events? Yes.
My own website is built using this system and amongst the increasing number I have built I suggest you check these out:
"Brilliant! Take a bow Jane, well done! I will raise a glass to you tonight"
Want to know more about the web design I can offer? You can find out more about my approach from the case studies below. If I sound like the sort of person you need for your website why not get in touch?
Run out of marketing ideas? Business Postcards can be an extremely inexpensive and eye catching way of promoting your company. What's more, done well, postcard marketing is likely to have more impact than standard flyers and, of course, has more space to put your message across than standard business cards.
However, to catch the eye of your potential client or customer they must be quirky, memorable and well targeted marketing communications - in other words NOT "marketing wallpaper" . So that would be MY marketing postcards then!
What can you do with them? With low printing prices for great quantities you can afford to be really prolific about getting your message across by using them as part of a marketing strategy:
- Via the post
- Through door drops
- Through inserts
- As marketing material for affiliated companies to give out
- As marketing material at a conference or exhibition
- In business centres, networking events or hotels in - fact anywhere your potential clients may gather
- On notice boards or in shop windows
- Even on windscreens!